Although garages tend to be an extension of a home and are often overlooked, they are one area that you do not want to forget about! It sounds weird to say that you need to stage your garage. What might be better said is that you need to clean out and organize your garage.
Garages are notorious for becoming dusty, messy caverns crammed full of boxes, tools, sports equipment, and all sorts of other things. Many people utilize their garage for storage and they want to ensure that the home they purchase has enough of it! It is best if you can clean and organize your garage to make it look as spacious and useful as possible.
Love how this garage looks!
Here are my Top 10 Tips to getting your garage looking great:
- Sweep or wash the floor. Seal any cracks in the concrete.
- Check that all the lights, doors, and shelving units (if you have any) are in good working order, and that they’re clean and free from fingerprints, stains, spider webs, etc.
- If you store garbage bins and recycling boxes in the garage, place them in out-of-the way corners, and make sure the containers are spotlessly clean.
- If you have items stored in the garage that you wouldn’t expect to see there (furniture, for example) have it stored elsewhere.
- Clean any glass in the garage door(s).
- Make sure the garage door is in good shape and works properly. If dented or damaged, consider replacing it. If the paint is peeling or faded, give it a fresh coat of paint. Keep garage door lowered at all times.
- Organize the contents of the garage and place everything in storage containers stacked neatly on shelves. It’s important to remember to try and get everything off the floor!
- Have any old paints, solvents, chemicals, batteries, etc. properly disposed of (please check your local Fire Department as they often will have a disposal area).
- Make sure you don’t have any rodent traps, insect killers, weed killers, or other products that might lead buyers to think you have infestations of any sort.
- Clean door hardware if there’s a side entrance to the garage.
Love how they have used clear bins (and labels) to quickly know what is in each bin.
Garages don’t need to be all masculine and muscular either! Here are some of my favorite, pretty garage ideas:
When you are finished, ideally you should have the center of your garage clear. Your car can be parked there during showings if you choose. Extra vehicles that don’t fit in the garage should be stored down the street or in a neighbor’s driveway rather than in your own driveway.
In the end, you want to ensure you are not giving potential buyers ammunition for knocking down the price.
If you would like others to fall in love with your home become a client today!
YOU’LL HAVE SWEET DREAMS IF YOU FOLLOW THESE 3 BEDROOM STAGING TIPS
ARE YOU MAKING THESE 3 FAMILY ROOM MISTAKES WHEN YOU ARE GETTING READY TO SELL?
HOW TO MAKE YOUR BATHROOM LOOK LIKE A MILLION BUCKS
KNOWING THESE 5 STAGING SECRETS WILL MAKE YOUR KITCHEN LOOK AMAZING